Re: [TAG post:] "HTML 5's proposed basis in DOM/JS skews web control and monetization..."

For HTML5's new video tag, this is certainly not true. In future,
individuals will find it trivial to publish video, which right now it is
almost impossible to do well unless you use a free service such as YouTube.

Also, there is nothing stopping individuals from continuing to use HTML4
markup even in a HTML5 world.

I do not follow your concerns.

Regards,
Silvia.