Re: Accessibility Task Force

Janina Sajka wrote:
> I would have no problem changing "commit" to "propose" as you suggest
> below. I expect PF would not object to that. PF certainly does not intend to assert
> authority to edit any other Wg's documents. While the intent of a joint
> TF is to develop mutually satisfactory solutions, it is still the
> exclusive responsibility of each Wg to agree on and effect its own edits.

That works for me.

I believe that what exists in the proposal is based on input I provided
prior to the two new co-chairs coming on board.  My concern was (and is)
that the worst case scenario is one where one side (not participating in
the TF) simply says "no", and the other side (participating in the task
force) simply says "because I said so".

My input was that the TF needs to have at least one person who is ready,
willing, and able to edit if necessary; even if the universal hope is
that such is never necessary.  It has been my experience (both
elsewhere, and so far in the history of this WG), that the existence of
such a person makes both sides more reasonable.

> Janina

- Sam Ruby