ISSUE-73 (was: Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-09-10)

Paul Cotton wrote:

> 1. Review of due and overdue action items
>
> a. Topic Issue-73/ACTION-123: Discuss choice of embedding vcard
> microdata instead of referencing IETF spec and defining conformance
> reqs for HTML5 [Sam Ruby]
>
> ISSUE-73 - Overlap of "predefined vocabularies" with other
> specifications http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/73
> ACTION-123: Discuss choice of embedding vcard microdata instead of
> referencing IETF spec and defining conformance reqs for HTML5 [Sam
> Ruby] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/123

I've touched bases with Tantek, and he indicates that he plans to have
draft 1.0.1 versions of hCard and hCalendar available "end of
month"-ish.  He believes that such drafts will obviate the need for this
information to be in HTML5, and in fact, he would prefer that this
information *not* be in HTML5, but isn't ready to make that request
until these drafts have been updated.  I think that would be a good outcome.

I'll continue to monitor this, but for now, I'd simply like to move the
date on this action to 2009-10-01.

- Sam Ruby