Re: Implementor feedback on new elements in HTML5

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 13:33:29 +0200, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> wrote:
> On Sep 1, 2009, at 14:19, Robin Berjon wrote:
>> Could adding an itemvaluetype attribute help (we can pick a better name
>> later)? itemvaluetype = textContent | childNodes | ... defaulting to
>> the former?
>
> How would you map the latter to JSON?

Having information loss seems like the easiest solution. It's not that
relevant that it works in JSON.

I imagine it would mostly be useful to specialized spiders that can then
generate alternate views of the data. E.g. merge #html-wg, #whatwg, and
#webapps. Or give back chatlogs from various channels for a specific
timeframe, etc. Basically enough added data to IRC chatlogs around the Web
so that you can create mashups.

Basically for this to work #values needs a change one way or another.
itemvaluetype could work, but it is very ugly :-)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/