Re: Naming of <header>

From: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 01:27:37 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>, Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, public-html@w3.org
hey anne,
the google data gives no indication of the number of uses of a
particular class name on a web page, if for example the class name
"header" was in the main only used once, then it effectively the same
as the other data, so if the google data is being used as
justification for the way the header is currently specced it does not
provide adequate evidence.

is there data available that shows  'header' is used as a class name
in the majority or even often more than once in web pages

same goes for 'footer'

regards
steve

--