Re: "Web addresses in HTML 5" for review (ISSUE-56 urls-webarch)

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:51:20 +0000
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

Anne van Kesteren writes:

> Those bullet points are defining what is "valid". I thought LEIRIs are
> not  supposed to be used?

They are precisely intended to be used, in that by saying that
e.g. "The value of [the xml:base] attribute is interpreted as a Legacy
Extended IRI (LEIRI) as defined in the W3C Note "Legacy extended IRIs
for XML resource identification" [1] the XML Base spec. expects people
to be guided by the LEIRI spec. when they write
 <foo xml:base="...

Or do I misunderstand your question?

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlbase/#syntax