Re: storage event

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 00:06:22 +0100
To: "Cameron McCormack" <cam@mcc.id.au>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 00:00:03 +0100, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
wrote:
> Jonas Sicking:
>> I don't see any value in claiming that something is cancellable, which
>> canceling has no effect. I'd even say that goes against the spirit of
>> the DOM-Events spec.
>
> Agreed.  Anne, what is the consistency that would be gained from the
> event being cancelable?

Hixie said most events are cancelable. I didn't care enough to check since
I just wanted to know what the effect of cancelling would be. Looking
through HTML5 for "cancelable" there are indeed quite a few events that do
not bubble, but are cancelable. I haven't seen many so far for which that
makes sense. I have not checked whether there might be legacy reasons for
some of them.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/