Re: Input on the agenda

On Mar 18, 2009, at 3:10, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> On Mar 18, 2009, at 09:24 , Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> It would be great if we could allow the same set of tags to affect
>> the
>> parser the same way in both HTML mode and in foreign content mode.
>> The
>> only two tags that seem troublesome here is <script> and <style>. It
>> sounds like it might possibly might be agreement that it would be
>> possible to parse <script> as CDATA, which would leave <style> as the
>> only remaining controversial tag.
>
> I think it could be acceptable to break <style> for SVG. While
> <script> is commonplace, <style> is pretty rare as a) it's not in
> Tiny, 2) using CSS for SVG is only useful in some limited cases, and
> iii) external style sheets are generally preferred and are brought
> in with a PI.

Note that we wouldn't have to "break" style fully. We could still give
it the same treatment as <script>. That means that inline scripts with
<![CDATA[]]> would work fine. As would any stylesheets with no
entities. One thing that would break is stylesheets without <!
[CDATA[]]> that use the child selector ( > ).

/ Jonas