Re: View Source

Hi, Rob-

Rob Sayre wrote (on 3/16/09 8:57 PM):
> On 3/16/09 8:31 PM, Doug Schepers wrote:
>> T.V Raman wrote (on 3/16/09 12:58 PM):
>>> And this is why in gneral, it would be a good idea for
>>> show-source to perhaps show a cleaned-up serialization, rather
>>> than the original tag-soup that was authored.
>>
>> I think everyone is on board with this idea, not just for SVG and
>> MathML, but even for HTML... if someone out there has a good rationale
>> against it, I'd be curious to know what that is.
>
> If you concatenate two HTML documents, you still get an HTML document.
> If you concatenate two XML documents, you don't get an XML document.
>
> This is just one example of XML's incompatibility with cut and paste,
> and string concatenation in general.
>
> In other words, it won't work.

I guess that depends on your definition of document.  This:

<fooML>
   <blah />
</fooML>

<barML>
   <baz>
     <fweep/>
   </baz>
</barML>

Would have 2 document roots, I suppose, but could be contained in the
same file, and could be output that way.

Maybe I'm not understanding you?

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs