Re: Input on the agenda

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2009, at 11:52 AM, Doug Schepers wrote:
>
>> Hi, Ian-
>>
>> Ian Hickson wrote (on 3/9/09 2:08 PM):

>>> I don't think there are any implementations you don't know about; my
>>> point
>>> is just that once the implementations start shipping, our options are
>>> going to be considerably more constrained.
>>
>> Sorry, I wasn't clear... I didn't mean "which browsers?", I mean, "which
>> browsers are doing what?"  You may have more detailed information about
>> specific implementation decisions that vendors have already made, which
>> somehow escaped the notice of the SVG WG, and we'd like to know how those
>> decisions have been made, and who made them, and bring those people and
>> rationales into the discussion.  Also, what shipping schedules are imminent?
>
> Right now in WebKit we're holding off on SVG in HTML due to the uncertainly
> over the final spec. But I am personally concerned that it is taking so long
> to work the issues out and I think it would be regrettable if SVG in HTML
> missed the boat for HTML 5.

Henri is currently working on integrating a HTML5 parser into gecko
(and thus Firefox). The current version of that uses the proposal from
Hixie. We are definitely eager to get more people using our SVG
support and believe that adding support for SVG inside text/html is
the most effective way to do that. So I'd echo Maciejs concern about
this issue taking too long.

/ Jonas