Re: [html-author] Recent Updates

Lee Kowalkowski wrote:
> 2009/3/5 Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>:
>> http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-author/#polyglot-documents
>>
>> I realise the term polyglot document may not be the most author friendly
>> term to use.  But it's all I've found so far.  If anyone has any better
>> suggestions, I'd be really happy to hear them.  What I need is a way to
>> refer to them, so that they can be easily distinguished from documents that
>> use HTML only syntax (like omitted tags, unquoted attributes, ec.) or XHTML
>> only syntax.
>
> How about X&HTML documents?  Or X+HTML...  Never heard of a term for
> that kind of document.

I'd rather not use a name that looks like a typo.  It needs to be
something clear and concise, and preferably accurate.  Anyway, I'm much
more interested in feedback on the actual content of the draft so I can
make real improvements to it, than I am in bikeshedding about a name.
Might I suggest that other any other alternative name suggestions be
sent to me off list to reduce the noise on the list.  But there's no
rush, this is not really an urgent issue.

> Is it the same thing as a XHTML document that conforms to Appendix C
> of the XHTML1.0 spec?  Sounds like it possibly isn't (and that's a
> bit wordy anyway).

In principle, I guess you could consider this section to be somewhat
like XHTML 1.0 Appendix C.  However, it will be much more useful and
accurate, and offer much less bogus advice.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/