Re: Draft text for summary attribute definition

Hi Philip,

>  Why is 'role="presentation"' preferable to 'role="layout"' here ?
>  I would have thought that the latter would be more transparent
>  to authors.

because ther is no role="layout" defined as far as I am aware, but
there is a role="presentation" defined in WAI-ARIA [1] and this
includes as one of its example use cases
"A layout table and/or any of its associated cells, rows, etc."

[1]http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/#presentation

regards
stevef

--