Re: Publishing a new draft

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 03:30:20 +0200, Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
wrote:

> Though I disagree with the design, but in order to reflect what the
> draft actually says - and apparently has said all along, and thus to
> ensure (better) review of this decision, I would like to ask Anne to add
> to the differences document that HTML 4 Processing Statements count as
> invalid markup in HTML 5. And thus that <?php ... ?> is invalid HTML
> according to the HTML 5 draft.

It says

"HTML 5 defines an HTML syntax that is compatible with HTML 4 and XHTML 1
documents published on the Web, but is not compatible with the more
esoteric SGML features of HTML 4, such as the NET syntax (i.e.
<em/content/)."

I think this is intended to include processing instructions, but I guess
it wouldn't hurt to list more SGML features that are no longer supported.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software