Re: Publishing a new draft

Sam Ruby On 09-07-24 13.45:

> Laura Carlson wrote:
>> Hi Ian,

>>> HTML5 already allows the summary="" attribute
>>
>> Do you mean the editor's draft or the  latest published draft? The
>> editor's draft is always in a state of flux so a poll  based on
>> anything it that would be meaningless.
>
> Ian, Anne, Mike: it is time to meet our heartbeat requirements.  Would
> it be possible for each of you to do whatever magic it takes to produce
> a new published draft (and accompanying HTML 5 differences document)?
>
> I'm quite willing to go with lazy consensus on this, so unless anybody
> objects to us replacing the 23 April draft with a more recent version,
> and does so by the time we complete our next call (possibly to be
> scheduled for 30 July), then I will view that as a group decision to
> publish.

Though I disagree with the design, but in order to reflect what
the draft actually says - and apparently has said all along, and
thus to ensure (better) review of this decision, I would like to
ask Anne to add to the differences document that HTML 4 Processing
Statements count as invalid markup in HTML 5. And thus that <?php
... ?> is invalid HTML according to the HTML 5 draft.
--
leif halvard silli