Re: Codecs for <video> and <audio> (survey of positions on ISSUE-7 video-codecs)

Dan Connolly wrote:

> I don't see anything wrong with it, other than that we'd
> delete the "This is an ongoing issue..." sentence when
> we close issue-7.

David Singer (somewhat reluctantly) was willing to take ownership of
this issue[1], I was simply waiting to give anybody else a chance to
step forward.  In any case, I'm happy with Dave owning it, and am
confident that he too would be more than willing to step back if
somebody else wanted to champion it for a while.

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0431.html