Activation Behavior of video and audio

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 01:16:16 -0400
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
Hi, HTML WG-

In looking into "activation behavior" for the DOM3 Events spec, I was
reviewing the HTML5 spec.  Currently, the <audio> and <video> elements
do not have defined activation behavior.

I suggest that they should, and propose that the activation behavior for
<audio> and <video> is to play if the media is currently stopped or
paused, and to pause if the media is currently playing.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs