Re: R2866 : better talk about "CSS display" instead of "CSS tables"

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:33:30 +0900, Olivier GENDRIN
<olivier.gendrin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at r2866 [1], I note the sentence "primarily using CSS
> positioning and CSS tables." I think that it would be less confusing
> to talk about CSS display instead of CSS tables (and more accurate
> from a CSS spec point of view [2][3]).
>
> [1] http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=2865&to=2866
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#display-prop
> [3] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#positioning-scheme

CSS tables will likely be a separate CSS module in due course. It's also
how people all over the place refer to it so for a non-normative note it
makes perfect sense to me.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>