Re: Use and abuse of @summary

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:

> It also doesn't seem to fit the description in WCAG2 about how to use the
> summary attribute:
>
> "... to provide a brief overview of how data has been organized into a
>  table or a brief explanation of how to navigate the table."
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H73.html

Worth noting that WCAG 2 techniques are advisory, rather than
mandatory. Personally, I disagree with this technique's particular
suggested use of summary for simple tables...and, as it's only
advisory, that's fine...as long as i and my users are happy that the
actual mandatory SC 1.3.1 is satisfied.

Patrick H. Lauke

http://webstandards.org/