announce list [was: Re: publication decision [was: details on report of PFWG HTML5 actions & issues status]]

> Since Dan says the membership of both lists is the same, all on the
> public-html list surely get the announcements as well?

I almost certainly do not get items sent only to the announce list.

As an (only partially successful) attempt to control my inbox, there
are several mailing lists (including this one) which I read only from
the archives.

If the announcements are copied to the main list, with an ANNOUNCE:
xxx subject, I will see them.

If they are sent only to a separate archive, I will not see them.  (In
theory, I could add one more archive location to check, but in
practice, I will forget.)

-jJ