Re: window.onerror initial value

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Simon Pieters wrote:

> The spec says about window.onerror:
>
> "The initial value of onerror must be undefined."
>
> I note that in IE8 RC1 and WebKit window.onerror is null.
>
> What's the reason for saying it must be undefined?

There was previously a difference between onerror == null and onerror ==
undefined. However, testing shows that this is not well or widely
implemented, so I've simplified this part of the spec and made onerror
just a regular old Function event handler attribute like the others
(except with more arguments in some cases).