Re: simple shorthand syntax proposal

Unless I am mis-reading the thread at which
Lachlan pointed us [1], there appears to be only
one objection to the proposal, from David
Håsäther, who wrote :

> HTML5 is meant to be backwards compatible, so this is out of the question.
>
> --
> David Håsäther

to which Andrew asked (perfectly reasonably, IMHO)
how the proposal was inconsistent with the goal
of backwards compatibility.  As others have already
observed, complete backwards compatibility means
no change at all (and hence no benefit), so I
do not think you should withdraw your proposal
so lightly.

Philip TAYLOR
--------

[1] http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2006-November/008151.html