Re: [html-author] Updates to the HTML Reference

Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> Hi,
>   This is a summary of recent changes to the HTML 5 Reference [1].
>
> Formerly known as The Web Develoer's Guide to HTML 5, I renamed it to
> the much shorter and more convenient title "HTML 5 Reference" with the
> subtitle "A Web Developer’s Guide to HTML 5".

The status section still reflects the previous name?  The status section
also indicates that this is (intended to be?) a product of the working
group.  Cool.

In your opinion, is this document ready for FPWD?  If not, do you have a
target?

I'd like to encourage documents such as these being released early and
often.  Yes, it is available on the web, but not everybody has the
bandwidth to keep up with documents that are either updated continuously
or sporadically.

> The draft has now been divided into 3 major sections, each of which are
> now clearly described in the introduction.  I'm hoping the intro will
> clear up any misconceptions about how I intend to write the draft.
>
> I've begun writing the Getting Started with HTML 5 section, which is
> being targetted at beginners who may have never written HTML before.
> Though it's the content is very preliminary; expect it to be filled out
> a lot over the coming weeks.
>
> I've also added element summaries for each element from the spec.  The
> summaries themselves are currently generated entirely from the spec
> itself, though I intend to add additional info to them later which isn't
> as easy to scrape directly from the spec.
>
> The syntax section is currently missing.  I expect to significantly
> revise what I had in previous drafts and incorporate it again later.
>
> [1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-author/

- Sam Ruby