Re: Recording teleconferences?

At 12:23  -0500 14/08/09, Laura Carlson wrote:

>But if a full recording is offered to the public it is only equitable
>to offer a full transcript for people who do not have the option to
>listen.

We already do that with IRC logs and the edited minutes.  The scribe
is supposed to make sure that everything significant that is said, is
captured in IRC (real time, and the IRC log) and then edited to be
readable later (the minutes).

I have a hard time believing that we'll do more than that, though of
course you (or anyone else) is free to do full-text transcription of
the audio, if you wish.

--
David Singer
Multimedia Standards, Apple Inc.