Re: Recording teleconferences?

On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 11:02 -0700, David Singer wrote:
> At 12:23  -0500 14/08/09, Laura Carlson wrote:
> >
> >But if a full recording is offered to the public it is only equitable
> >to offer a full transcript for people who do not have the option to
> >listen.
>
> We already do that with IRC logs and the edited minutes.  The scribe
> is supposed to make sure that everything significant that is said, is
> captured in IRC (real time, and the IRC log) and then edited to be
> readable later (the minutes).
>
> I have a hard time believing that we'll do more than that, though of
> course you (or anyone else) is free to do full-text transcription of
> the audio, if you wish.

Ah... I found it... W3C's policy on media archiving says:

"All multimedia (audio or video) produced or published by W3C MUST be
accessible at time of posting. ... For most W3C video, all you need to
do is provide a simple text transcript. Transcripts are cheap and easy
(see FAQ on multimedia accessibility)."
 -- http://www.w3.org/2007/11/media-policies

and the FAQ says:

"Note: Minutes are not sufficient for a transcript of an audio or video
of a meeting (unless done by a court reporter or someone who can capture
every word)."
 -- http://www.w3.org/2008/06/video-notes.html#faq

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E