Re: closing issue-30 longdesc in favor of aria-describedby [was: Consolidated issues ...]

Laura Carlson wrote:
> Maciej wrote [1]:
>> Based on what Henri says[2], I instead suggest closing ISSUE-30, (longdesc)
>> unless someone objects.
>
> Dan wrote [3]:
>> Works for me.
>
> Has Chaals withdrawn the longdesc issue that he originally[4] raised [5]?
>
> Has aria-describedby been incorporated into HTML5 as WAI CG recommended [6]?
>
> That doesn't seem to be the case as Ian wrote [6]:
> <Hixie> well then aria won't make LC
> <Hixie> we can always do it after LC
>
> Shelley wrote [8]:
>> Until ARIA is, in fact, integrated, I would suggest leaving this item in.
>
> Leif wrote [9]:
>> Hence I suggest not closing ISSUE-30 at this moment.
>
> If aria-describedby has not been incorporated as WAI CG recommended,
> no functional replacement exists for longdesc, then I agree with
> Shelley and Leif. The issue should not be closed [5].

In all cases, the sentence that follows "The issue should not be closed"
should to identify (a) what is the next action, (b) who is the owner of
that action, and (c) when that action is targeted to be complete.

For my part, I'm doing everything humanly possible to get Ian the
answers he needs to continue to make progress.