Re: HTML5-warnings - motivations

Sam Ruby wrote:
> Julian Reschke wrote:
>> Sam Ruby wrote:
>>> I won't question your motives, but I will note that the issues
>>> mentioned in your draft in the Microdata[1] section weren't
>>> previously raised as an Issue[2].
>>>
>>> I'll also ask when/where was "An additional alternative that is
>>> being proposed is the removal of Microdata and RDFa from the HTML5
>>> specification" raised?  I've seen a (preliminary, not submitted tot
>>> he WG) proposal from you to include RDFa alongside Microdata, but I
>>> don't recall a proposal to remove Microdata.
>>
>> I have seen lots of proposals to remove Microdata, and I'm quite sure
>> I have proposed that myself as well.
>>
>> If the issue of Microdata being "in" or not currently is not listed
>> in the Issues tracker, then it's (IMHO) only because we (the "Issue
>> Tracking Task Force") forgot to do so.
>>
>> Shall I correct that now?
>
> Sounds like a good idea, but before marking any issue as "open",
> please see my recent response to Shelley:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0469.html

>> BR, Julian
>
> - Sam Ruby

Julian, I was going to enter it, but will hold off if you're going to.
It is connected to your predefined vocabularies issue. In fact, Manu
that's another issue that could be marked in your document, though your
overall section issue could cover that.

If the person who raises the issue "owns" the issue, Manu would you
rather "own" this issue? I'm willing to "own" it, but I'm not a member
of the RDFa group, and haven't been specifically involved in the current
effort. However, willing to help. Just holler.

Shelley