Re: Google to pay for HTMLWG invited experts at TPAC 2009

Ian Hickson:
> On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> > Not that I will be able to take up the offer, but why is the offer only
> > open to public invited experts and not regular invited experts?
>
> If the group has any of those, they are open to them too, sorry. I didn't
> realise we had two classes of invited experts. I just checked and in fact
> one of the people who is already on the list is in fact a "regular"
> invited expert.

Those cases happen only if the individuals are involved in some
other Groups that is conducting part of its work in Member-only
space, or if the individual himself needed such access (I'm
guessing the reason for Cameron is because he is a co-Chair of
the SVG WG). So, from what the HTML Working Group is concerned,
it makes no difference. All the work around the HTML Working
Group is public.

Philippe