Re: [DRAFT] Heartbeat poll - update 2

Sam, et al,

I don't see how any of us could vote on this without understanding the meaning
of the choices. so, It seems fairly obvious that the chair should instruct
the editor
to define the terms "obsolete" and/or "deprecated", and its subdivisions or
subtypes
in the editor's draft. This is a quality assurance issue that is orthogonal
to @summary.

Someone in an earlier post asked about the use of the term 'deprecated' in
HTML.
As I recall, a variety of Davenport Group members suggested the use of
'deprecated'
for some elements as early as HTML 2.0. The use of the term 'deprecated'
has not
been seen as a problem for DocBook.

Regards,

Murray