Re: ISSUE-54 (html5-doctype-vs-xslt): XSLT 1.0 can not generate HTML5 documents [HTML 5 spec]

Karl Dubost wrote:
> Le 3 sept. 2008 à 13:10, Ian Hickson a écrit :
>> On Tue, 2 Sep 2008, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>>> I'd love to see hard numbers here, but again my gut feeling is that as a
>>> UA implementor I can't make that sort of change.
>>
>> IIRC, my research found 50% of pages had no DOCTYPE.
>
> ok that's a good start. So we are talking about 50% of Web pages (which
> is indeed a lot)
> I also wonder if people will really protest if their site change to
> strict mode (given that the CSS Web designers, who are most likely to
> complain about differences, are usually using standard mode.) Hmm
> difficult to test.

Try it out for yourself.

Using Opera, in opera:config, set "CompatMode Override" to 2, which
forces standards mode for everything.

Mozilla apparently also has nglayout.compatibility.mode in about:config,
but I couldn't get it to work in Firefox 3.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries#NGLayout..2A

Then try browsing the web, looking for sites that normally render in
quirks mode and see how much they break.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/