Re: Parsing: Trailing garbage in doctype FPI (was: Re: Doctype usage data)

On Thu, 22 May 2008, L. David Baron wrote:

> Given that, I don't object to this change, although I would encourage
> being very hesitant to expand quirks mode to more pages. I suppose it's
> a pretty small set, though.

I am indeed very hesitant, hence my request for input from you. :-)

I'll keep the change for now, since you don't object to it, and since
we've had reports from one vendor that the change improves compatibility
with the Web. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you find pages that
this breaks.

> (Does anybody have any data on which quirks pages (these, or quirks mode
> pages in general) actually depend on?)

Simon looked at these, I believe. Not sure if he has any recollection as
to what the quirks were.