Re: [whatwg] Exploring new vocabularies for HTML

Ian Hickson wrote:
>   4. Writing documents that include diagrams that include
>      typographically-correct mathematics.

The inverse of 4 is also a requirement i.e. mathematics that contains
diagrams. See e.g. [1]

> In particular, people seemed to jump to solutions that the above problems
> don't imply. For example, nowhere in the above list of problems do
> namespaces appear anywhere, yet the majority of the discussion revolved
> around namespace issues. If this is because I've missed a problem that in
> fact requires those solutions, please tell me as soon as possible.

Sam had a use case for namespaces that was basically "ability to
unilaterally extend the language to address problems I find in the
future but which haven't cropped up yet and which therefore aren't
covered by existing functionality, without trampling on the toes of
others or being beholden to an external entity to provide the
enhancements for me on a timescale that is useful to me" [2].

[1] http://golem.ph.utexas.edu/~distler/blog/archives/001475.html
[2]
http://www.intertwingly.net/blog/2007/08/02/HTML5-and-Distributed-Extensibility

--