Re: iframe@security

From: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:42:25 +0000
To: Ben Boyle <benjamins.boyle@gmail.com>
CC: HTMLWG <public-html@w3.org>

Interesting article Ben thanks for posting the link. I am not sure how
this WG is addressing security issues etc so maybe someone could comment
further on that. One comment at the end that I thought was interesting was:

<article comment>
# re: Using Frames More Securely
Friday, January 18, 2008 9:24 PM by Steven Roussey

It would be nice if this security setting could be done on a <div
security="restricted"></div> for the case of things like, say, message
comments!

</article comment>

Could this idea fly using a semantically neutral element? It would be a
cross browser, non-proprietary solution would it not and give a great
deal of flexibility without the need to use frames at all?

Cheers

Josh