Re: New Input type proposal

From: Alexander Mueller <alexm@gmx.at>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:36:15 +0100
Cc: Preston L. Bannister <preston@bannister.us>
To: public-html@w3.org

Preston L. Bannister wrote:
> Is a UA that does not support Javascript viable?  I suspect the answer is
> "not".

Probably yes, not counting people using browsers which only support older versions of JavaScript or no JavaScript at all. However many people dont have it enabled which leads to the same issue.

But as I mentioned in my previous reply, encryption is/should be already covered mostly by SSL. The reason behind the proposal is rather to have a defined element which tells the browser to preprocess the data in a specific way (similar to the password type which indicates the content shall be scrambled).

Alexander