Re: RDFa use cases (was: Underline element.)

From: Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 08:33:35 +0000
To: Peter Krantz <peter.krantz@gmail.com>
CC: HTMLWG <public-html@w3.org>, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>

Peter Krantz wrote:

> If I want to be able to publish my shipbuilding information in a
> machine readable way so that Ben Boyle can read it with his tool I can
> not see why we should have to involve a third party to create our
> vocabulary and markup method?

Hear hear.  I am very much in favour of custom vocabularies;
no two individuals express themselves identically, and each
should be free to create the nonce-elements that he or she
needs.  RDFa allows this while at the same time providing
a formalised framework through which the semantics of such
vocabularies can be expressed.

Philip TAYLOR