Re: Underline element.

I'd leave decisions like that in the hands of website authors. Up to
them whether they find value in the extra effort. Generally speaking
though, being accurate and granular all along makes it easier to
innovate (without the cost of reworking all your existing content) in
the future. It may be something you do internally and strip from the
markup when publishing to the public.

For me the question is moot, I've never written a web page that
included a ship name. But if I do, I'll have a wealth of choice now!
:)