Editorial: inline vs. text-level vs. phrasing (was: Re: Conformance of DL Groups Missing DT or DD)

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:28:13 +0100, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> To aid here I've renamed "prose content" to "flow content". Hopefully
> this
> will reduce the confusion.

I think flow is a better word, especially considering that HTML4 had
%flow; for the same concept.

HTML4 also refers to inline elements as "text level". I think "text-level
content" is clearer than "phrasing content".

In order to not confuse text-level content with text-level semantics (the
a, q, cite, em, etc. elements), perhaps that section should be renamed
back to "phrasing content" or perhaps "phrase elements" (as the em,
strong, dfn, etc. elements are called in HTML4).

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software