Re: [WF2] HTMLFormElement.accept vs. function accept(){}

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:06:33 +0100, liorean <liorean@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20/02/2008, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
>> There are some ways to fix this problem.
>>
>>    1) Make the .accept DOM attribute not override functions in scope.
>>    2) Remove support for .accept DOM attribute but keep the content
>> attribute.
>>    3) Remove support for both .accept and <form accept>.
>
> 4) Give it a different name in the DOM bindings, such as
> formelm.htmlAccept.
>
> This is style with other bindings used to avoid script engine
> problems, such as legendelm.htmlFor or elm.className. Granted, both
> those are because of ECMAScript reserved keywords and not live content
> script usage collisions, but I still think it's a viable option.

Yeah... if <form accept> was a killer feature. But it's not. It's pretty
useless. DOM2 HTML forgot about it's existence altogether. AFAIK, no
browser does anything with it at all. Supporting it is causing Web compat
problems. I'd say it's ripe for removal.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software