Re: Validating XHTML5 with XML entities

Thank you for the clarification, that helps.

Can you clarify how user agents and validators will know content is
XHTML 5 as opposed to XHTML 1.1?  Particularly if the DOCTYPE can go
missing, I'm a bit confused by this.

(In particular, I'm having trouble with the experimental HTML5
validator on the W3C site - that's how I started investigating this a
little).

Thanks,
Jeff