Re: SVG in HTML proposal

Hi, Ian-

Ian Hickson wrote (on 8/24/08 8:00 AM):
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Erik Dahlstr�m wrote:
>>
>> The SVG WG is happy to announce the first draft proposal for how to
>> handle SVG in HTML (see attachment).
>
> This draft proposal received a number of comments pointing out some
> problems with it. Would it be possible for the SVG working group to
> provide an estimate of when a revised proposal that addresses those issues
> might be raised, or whether the SVG WG would rather wait for my own more
> detailed review of the proposal before revising the draft, or whether the
> SVG WG is content with not revising the draft at all? Any information you
> might be able to provide would be very useful in terms of my scheduling
> what I will be working on in the next few months.

In the current version of our proposal [1], we have already addressed
many of the issues that were raised (see diff [2]).

There are a number of other comments, some of which may be problems with
our proposal, some of which may simply be differences of priority or
opinion.  Since you, as sole editor of the HTML5 draft, will be the one
assessing the merits of any given argument, the SVG WG needs your
detailed review of the draft before making any other changes.

Once we get your review, we will take your comments into account for our
proposal, and hopefully get closer to what you will see as acceptable.
Because this is a charged topic, it might take a couple of iterations of
feedback before we all come to consensus on exactly how best to specify
this functionality.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/proposals/svg-html/svg-html-proposal.html
[2]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/proposals/svg-html/svg-html-proposal.html.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.1&r2=text&tr2=1.14&f=h