Re: some reflections on @alt usage

hello Ian,

> You're missing the point. There is no "authority chain".

The HTML5 specification is being developed within the W3C HTML WG,
under the Charter it states [1]:

However, if a decision is necessary for timely progress, but after due
consideration of different opinions, consensus is not achieved, the
Chair should put a question (allowing
for remote, asynchronous participation using, for example, email
and/or web-based survey techniques) and record a decision and any
objections, and consider the matter resolved.

This clearly indicates an authority above you, whether you wish to
believe it or not.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter.html#decisions

--
stevef