Re: some reflections on @alt usage

On 21 Aug 2008, at 2:31 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> I'm only going to make edits to the spec that I can substantiate
> through
> research or logical arguments. Continued appeal to authority in the
> face
> of this will not result in the changes to the spec that you desire.

No, naturally I don't expect you to make edits based on the authority
of the WAI.  The WAI is not in your authority chain.

I do expect you to make edits scrupulously and reasonably swiftly
following
the decisions of the HTML Working Group.  The Working Group chairs
are the
authority as to what the group has decided.

Is that your understanding?

Al