Re: alt attribute - a very simple proposal

On Aug 19, 2008, at 16:24, Laura Carlson wrote:

> Henri wrote:
>> When the markup generator has an image of unknown (to the
>> generator) content
>> for which the generator does not have user-entered textual
>> alternative, what
>> should the markup generator emit as the value of the alt attribute
>> according
>> to your reading of WCAG 2.0?
>
> Gez Lemon addressed this 14 May 2008:

I don't see how that addresses my question except perhaps implying
that such generators should not exist.

I think saying or implying that such generators should not exist is
not reasonable position for this WG or the HTML language spec to take.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi