Re: GRDDL

On Aug 6, 2008, at 12:47, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Henri Sivonen wrote:

>>> That's true. But how do you use RDF triples or scriptless HTML to
>>> extract RDF out of (X)HTML?
>> You do this:
>>> - Document the mapping between the host language and RDF, do not
>>> touch the host language, and have transformers for each of the
>>> languages, triggered by contenttype/doctype/xmlnamespace.
>
> That doesn't scale.

It scales for the well-known Web markup languages: (X)HTML and SVG
(and perhaps MathML and Atom). It also scales to common image and
timed media formats that XSLT can't handle.

> It doesn't work with my homegrown vocabulary/markup style (remember:
> distributed extensibility).

If you are serving a document in your vocabulary and a program that
makes sense of it, are you really communicating with others by sending
semantic markup or are you communicating by sending programs? If you
made your markup empty and embedded all the data in the transformation
program, would the recipient know any difference?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi