Re: Data Table Collections (Research)

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 05:34:50 +0200, Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
wrote:
>> [...] However, the algorithm in HTML4
>> doesn't seem to take headers found in <thead> into account which
>> would mean you'd have to add scope= there if you have subheadings as
>> in my table.
>
> Yes, this seems to be a correct interpretation of the further
> consequences of this ...

Another problem with the algorithm in HTML4 is that it suggests it should
only be taken into account when there's no scope= or headers= information
in the table. (It's not augmentative.)

>> I suppose there could be special rules for <thead> or
>> if there is no <thead> the first row of the table (if that contains
>> header cells). Probably need to study more tables to see what the
>> implications are.
>
> Yes, THEAD and TFOOT  should always be available. [...]

Another problem, which I think can only be worked around with headers=""
(given that headers is not augmentative, I'm not sure about that) is that
the rowgroup headers should not get the col headers. "Location" etc. is
not an appropriate header for "Day 1 ..." etc. Although maybe you could
add an additional requirement that a header cell for a given cell needs to
span the same columns (or more) for it to become a header cell for that
cell (also, not same amount of columns, the same columns). This would also
help with the Thesis example from Henri.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>