Re: More about <alt>

On 9/6/07, Sander Tekelenburg <st@isoc.nl> wrote:
> As to predefined values itself: I can see that such a thing might be useful.
> I'm trying to hold it off though, because I suspect that there is no limit to
> the sort of equivalents authors might want to provide. It doesn't seem
> realistic to me that we can think ahead of descriptive terms that will cover
> all situations. So even we we define some generic predefined values like
> "short", "long", "audio", "captioned video", etc. we would still have to
> allow authors to use some non-predefined value: "table", "slide", "pdf",

But can't we define in the spec a short track for thoses issues ? A
way to update the spec (not the draft, the final spec) in for example
two month only for adding items in predefined names lists (role, rel,
shape, ...), without changing the HTML version number ?

--
Olivier G.
http://www.lespacedunmatin.info/blog/