Re: Downloading of images by UA

Mark Baker wrote:
 > Can I ask why the spec needs to say anything about when/how/if a user
 > agent downloads a referenced image?  I think that whole paragraph can
 > be dropped.

The problem is, it's not one spec, it's half a dozen.  I (fairly)
respectfully suggest that all work in parsing, processing, etc.,
be put on hold until we have (a) agreed the design principles [1],
then (b) agreed the specification /for the language/.

Philip TAYLOR
--------
[1] Dan, why has there been complete and utter silence on
the design principles following the time-out of the period
allocated for completing the questionnaire ?  I notice that
you recently posted a number of editorial suggestions, yet
you seem to be telling us nothing about the design
principles which we agreed (some time ago) to be our
top priority when it came to publishing.