Re: Embeded label on selects

Ben Boyle wrote:
> Yes I'd support that and I'll suggest "prompt" or "hint" as possible names.
> I'm not sure how it would work with backwards compatibility though.

Just for the record:

We have attribute named 'novalue' for that purpose.

novalue=“text” - if text input is empty then it shows text provided by
the novalue attribute.

<select> and other text input alike elements also supports novalue in
the same way.

We also support CSS state/selector :empty that allows to style 'novalue'
state.

I think that "novalue" is more precise than "hint" or "prompt" for the
no-value-given situation.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com