Re: Embeded label on selects

I get this request very frequently too. A "defaulttext" attribute would
possibly be useful. One drawback being that the default text and default
value would then be the same. For instance at the moment:

<select>
       <option value="0">Please Choose</option>
       <option value="1">Option 1</option>
       .... etc .....
</select>

The default value can be check serverside by looking for the value "0". If a
"defaulttext" or "embededlabel" attribute were introduced, what actual value
would be returned by the element when the form was submitted without an
option being selected? It wouldn't do to have the actual string content of
the "defaulttext" passed as the value.

Julian

--
Julian Guy Web Development