Re: Detailed review of 4.12. Client-side database storage

You also asked some questions about the globalStorage stuff and about
file upload APIs. I'll answer those later when I address those areas.

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Mihai Sucan wrote:

> I'd recommend to add some examples for executeSql().

Yeah, I'll add examples eventually. A whole introduction section, too. I
just don't want to do it before we have a more stable body, otherwise I'll
be doing it over and over and errors will creep in.

> 1. Why complicate things with database versions? Any use cases?

It's for when you update your application and need to transition to a new
database schema.

> As I see, one can have database versions completely different,
> independent, of each other. Actually, database versions are not really
> "versions". They *can* be used as versions, but they can also be used as
> ... something completely different.

No, each database is only one database with a version, you can't have
multiple versions of the same database at the same time. What in the spec
suggested this? I should change it.

> 2. Why openDatabase() instead of executeSql('SELECT databaseName') ?

Because you're not executing SQL, you're selecting the database. I don't
really see why you'd use executeSql for this.

Cheers,