Re: 'HTML 5' and some poem markup?

On 10/5/07, Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de> wrote:

> What I missed so many years in (X)HTML is
> some useful markup for poems.

Do I understand you correctly that you want to include markup for a
specific domain (poetry) in HTML5?

XHTML2 provides an extension mechanism through RDFa. RDFa will let you
add semantic meaning (and parsing by others) to your specific domain.
In fact you could semantically express poems of specific forms this
way and create interesting possibilities for people who want to
extract the poetry for e.g. resarch reasons.

A markup language should probably include as little as possible from
specific domains and focus on the general things instead. Domain
specifics should be handled via an extension mechanism that allows for
unambiguous interpretation of the expressed information.